Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / HireSelect integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to HireSelect, please email email@example.com for additional assistance.
HireSelect / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within HireSelect, such that HireSelect users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the HireSelect interface.
The following items are required to initiate HireSelect / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to HireSelect, with admin rights
Add Checkr to HireSelect
First, enable Checkr from within HireSelect. You must have admin access to both Checkr and HireSelect to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, click on the Settings icon then click Integrations.
Clicking Continue to Checkr will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to HireSelect.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with HireSelect.
To create an account for use with HireSelect:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from HireSelect. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both HireSelect and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the HireSelect platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your HireSelect and Checkr accounts are connected, return to a candidate’s page in the Results section, and click Run a Background Check.
In the window that opens, select options for the check, and click Request Background Check.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the HireSelect candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on the Checkr Complete button to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the HireSelect integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.