Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / ServiceChannel integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to ServiceChannel, please email email@example.com for additional assistance.
ServiceChannel / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within ServiceChannel, such that ServiceChannel users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the ServiceChannel interface.
The following items are required to initiate ServiceChannel / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to ServiceChannel, with admin rights
Add Checkr to ServiceChannel
First, enable Checkr from within ServiceChannel. You must have admin access to both Checkr and ServiceChannel to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, log into Workforce, and you will be automatically prompted to get set up with Checkr. Click Set Up Now.
Fill out the registration form and click Authorize.
Clicking Authorize will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to ServiceChannel.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with ServiceChannel.
To create an account for use with ServiceChannel:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from ServiceChannel. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both ServiceChannel and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the ServiceChannel platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Once the account is credentialed, the status will change to Lets Get Started.
Order Background Checks
Employers can either add a candidate one at a time, or they can choose to do a bulk upload. After the upload, the employer can then send an invitation email to the candidates. Click on “+Add New” and fill in first name, last name, and email address.
This is the bulk upload option.
You will be able to check the status of the candidate from the Workforce tab.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the ServiceChannel candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details.
(For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the ServiceChannel integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.