Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / ServiceChannel integration process and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The following items are required to initiate ServiceChannel / Checkr integration.
- Admin access to both Checkr and ServiceChannel to complete this process.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with ServiceChannel.
- To initiate integration, log into Workforce, and you will be automatically prompted to get set up with Checkr. Click Set Up Now.
- Fill out the registration form and click Authorize.
- If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with ServiceChannel.
- To create an account for use with ServiceChannel:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to ServiceChannel.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from ServiceChannel. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up, which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both ServiceChannel and you to begin ordering background checks through the ServiceChannel platform.
- Once the account is credentialed, the status will change to Let’s Get Started.
Order Background Checks
- Employers can either add a candidate one at a time, or they can choose to do a bulk upload. After the upload, the employer can then send an invitation email to the candidates. Click on +Add New and fill in first name, last name, and email address.
- The status of the candidate is within the Workforce tab.
- Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the ServiceChannel candidate dashboard. Select the report to review the details. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the ServiceChannel integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings