Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Flock integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Flock, please email email@example.com for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to Flock
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Flock, such that Flock users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Flock interface.
The following items are required to initiate Flock / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Flock, with admin rights
Add Checkr to Flock
First, enable Checkr from within Flock. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Flock to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration go to Settings > Apps. Select “GET STARTED” under the Checkr logo.
Next, click Connect with Checkr.
Clicking Connect with Checkr will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Flock.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Flock.
To create an account for use with Flock:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Flock. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Flock and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Flock platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
After creating an account with Checkr, you will be prompted to authorize the Flock Connector by clicking Authorize.
Next, you will be redirected back to Flock and once the account is credentialed, you will see a green checkmark on the Checkr Application (Settings > Apps).
Order Background Checks
Once your Flock and Checkr accounts are connected, go to People > Offers tab and click BACKGROUND CHECK for the desired candidate.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Flock Offers tab. Once complete, go to the Checkr Dashboard to view the full report. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Flock integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.