Are you applying for a job or undergoing a background check? If so, please visit our Candidate FAQs to see answers to our most common questions or get help with your background check. This article is for employers who use Checkr.
The ETA has passed, is unavailable or more than a few days out. What is the cause of the delay?
A Report ETA is provided for all screenings within the report. The County Criminal Check ETA is calculated based on the available historical data for each county within the United States.
There are a few common reasons why some estimates may be unavailable or longer than expected:
- At least one county on the County Criminal Record Check requires a clerk to search for physical records;
- There are delays at county courts due to seasonal hiring spikes or COVID-19;
- Additional research is required to ensure potential records are a match to the candidate. Additional research is often required when:
- The candidate has a common name; and/or
- Public access to the identified potential record(s), such as the full date of birth (DOB), is limited by the relevant courts.
For more information see Checkr ETA: Better estimates for report completion
Note: If “Est. Completion” listed under Report Information is later than that shown for the County Criminal Checks, it is due to another screening included in this report.