Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Trakstar integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The following items are required to initiate Trakstar / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Admin access to Checkr and Trakstar
Create a Checkr Account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Trakstar.
- To get started, go to your Settings page by clicking the Settings wheel icon.
- From the Settings menu, click Advanced Settings and scroll down to Apps & Integrations.
- Select Apps and Integrations and scroll down to Background Checks. Select Checkr > Enable Checkr to kick off the connection to Checkr.
- To create an account for use with Trakstar:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Trakstar.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Trakstar. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Trakstar and you to begin ordering background checks through the Trakstar platform
Order Background Checks
Once your Trakstar and Checkr accounts are connected, you will see a new tab inside your Trakstar Candidate Profiles.
- This tab allows you to send the candidates for their background check, and review the results once they're back.
- To send a new background check, select Send for Background check.
- Note: All user types except for Hiring Team Members will have access to this tab and the data inside of it.
- Once you select to send for a background check, select the background check package.
- Once the results are in, you'll see a summary inside the Trakstar candidate profile directly.
- The status of the report will be listed in the Trakstar candidate page. Once the background check completes, select the report to review details. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Trakstar integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings