Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Recruiterbox integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Recruiterbox, please email email@example.com for additional assistance.
Recruiterbox / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Recruiterbox, so that Recruiterbox users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Recruiterbox platform.
The following items are required to initiate Recruiterbox / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Recruiterbox with admin rights
Enable Checkr setup
Any account superuser can get your account connected by following the steps under Settings > Advanced Settings > Apps & Integration.
Go to your Settings page by clicking the Settings wheel icon.
From the Settings menu, click Advanced Settings and scroll down to Apps & Integrations.
Click Apps and Integrations and scroll down to Background Checks. Click Checkr > Enable Checkr to kick off the connection to Checkr.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Recruiterbox.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Recruiterbox.
To create an account for use with Recruiterbox:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Recruiterbox (payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created).
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Submit to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Recruiterbox and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Recruiterbox platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your Recruiterbox and Checkr accounts are connected, you will see a new tab inside your Recruiterbox Candidate Profiles.
- This tab allows you to send the candidates for their background check, and review the results once they're back.
- To send a new background check, click "Send for Background check."
Note: All user types except for Hiring Team Members will have access to this tab and the data inside of it.
Once you select to send for a background check, you'll pick which background check you'd like to order (this comes from your Checkr account):
Once the results are in, you'll see a summary inside the Recruiterbox candidate profile directly.
The status of the report will be listed in the Recruiterbox candidate page. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Recruiterbox integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.