After you send an invitation, you use the Checkr Dashboard to track your candidate’s progress.
The Candidates page lists all in-progress reports with a status below:
- Pending: The report is processing and should complete in 2-3 days. Processing could take longer if Checkr needs documentation from the candidate or if a particular search takes longer than expected.
- Clear: The report completed without finding any records, or information you need to evaluate based on your guidelines.
- Consider: The complete report has information you might want to consider.
- Suspended: The report stopped processing because of missing information or incomplete searches.
- Canceled: All searches in the report were canceled.
Get email updates about report status changes
Checkr can send you email notifications while generating reports.
To receive email notifications, use the steps below:
- Select "Account settings."
- Select Notifications.
- Select the events you want email notifications about.
Automatic completions and billing
Checkr automatically completes SSN trace reports that require additional information from the candidate. If the candidate doesn't respond within the required 7 days, the report changes to the Suspended status. After 30 days, the Suspended status automatically changes to Complete, and Checkr cancels all other searches. The report is complete with canceled items.
Checkr bills you for the packages and searches you order. After the search process begins, Checkr doesn’t give refunds for incomplete or canceled searches. Your invoice will show package prices and passthrough fees for canceled searches.
For more information, refer to FAQs about Checkr invoices.
To complete a pending or suspended report immediately, regardless of its status, select Complete now. Using Complete now in either the Checkr Dashboard or Checkr API also adds the Canceled status to all pending or suspended searches.
Searches you canceled by using Complete now show the cancellation reason and the reason’s description in the dashboard.
The PDF copy of the report doesn't include canceled searches.
Completed searches in the report show a status of Clear or Consider. The report log in the dashboard shows the information below for each use of Complete now:
For reports that include canceled searches, Assess shows the Review status. If a report has a record that your Assess guidelines marked as Escalated, the report status also shows Escalated.
You can also immediately complete a report using the Complete Report endpoint in the Checkr API. Using this call triggers the same events as selecting "Complete now" in the Checkr Dashboard.
Canceling a report triggers a webhook and appears in the return for the report object and any searches it includes.
For more information, refer to the Checkr API documentation:
Values for the `status` parameter for both reports and searches don’t include `clear` or `consider.`
The Candidate Portal notifies the candidate about the two situations below:
- The report canceled because of a insufficient candidate information.
- The report couldn't complete because the SSN trace completed but all other searches canceled.