Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / HR Cloud integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to HR Cloud, please email support@HRCloud.com for additional assistance.
- Enable Checkr setup
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
HR Cloud / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within HR Cloud, so that HR Cloud users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the HR Cloud platform.
The following items are required to initiate HR Cloud / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to HR Cloud with admin rights
Enable Checkr setup
To turn on the integration, go to your HR Cloud dashboard. Go to your Settings page by clicking on the Settings icon in the lower left-hand side of the screen.
From the Settings menu, click Integrations, Checkr, then the Connect with Checkr button.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign in to connect your current Checkr account to HR Cloud.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with HR Cloud.
To create an account for use with HR Cloud:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from HR Cloud. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both HR Cloud and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the HR Cloud platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your HR Cloud and Checkr accounts are connected, go to Onboarding from the dashboard.
- Go to Checklists within the Onboarding module.
- Open the Checklist and, under Tasks section, press the Add Task button and choose Initiate Background Check from the library tasks.
- Once you do this, the multistep task will be added to your checklist. Click the Save & Close button.
- Create an employee.
- When an employee is created, tasks should be automatically assigned to employee / HR users.
- The HR user can go to the newly created task (Package Selection as shown below) and initiate a background check for the employee.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the HR Cloud candidate page. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the HR Cloud integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.