Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr /TeamSnap integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to TeamSnap, please click the Help icon within the TeamSnap platform for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to TeamSnap
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within TeamSnap, such that TeamSnap users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the TeamSnap interface.
The following items are required to initiate TeamSnap / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to TeamSnap, with admin rights
Add Checkr to TeamSnap
First, enable Checkr from within TeamSnap. You must have admin access to both Checkr and TeamSnap to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, go to Settings. Next, click the Background Checks tab.
Clicking Start Running Background Check will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to TeamSnap.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
To run background checks with Checkr, you must create an account within the TeamSnap platform.
To create an account for use with TeamSnap:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from TeamSnap. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both TeamSnap and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the TeamSnap platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your TeamSnap and Checkr accounts are connected, go to the new Members tab that will populate, and click Background Check for a candidate.
To order a background check,
- Choose an email address for the candidate
- Click Use Selected Email
- Select a Package
- Click Order Background Check
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the TeamSnap Members page. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the TeamSnap integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.