Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will talk you through the entire Checkr process, including how to set up Checkr account on the TEAM Software platform, how to use the Checkr dashboard, and how to review background check reports.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to TEAM Software, please email your account representative or call 888-KWANTEK for additional assistance.
The only prerequisites to integrate Checkr into your TEAM Software account:
- Have a TEAM Software account and are logged in as a System Admin.
- Have admin access on Checkr account using to integrate.
Create a Checkr account
- Access your TEAM Software Account.
- From the top toolbar, click the Settings link.
Note: You must be a System Admin and have permissions to "Administer System Settings" to see this link.
- The Custom Settings page displays for your Company’s TEAM Software System. Within the Default Settings box, click the Connect with Checkr link.
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with TEAM Software.
To create an account for use with TEAM Software:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to TEAM Software.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both TEAM Software and you to begin ordering background checks through the TEAM Software platform.
- You will go back to the Settings page in TEAM Software where Connected with Checkr text and a green checkmark appear.
- When your account is set up in Checkr, you will receive a Welcome Email from Checkr.
- Now users with permission to Order Background Checks in TEAM Software can order Background Checks from Checkr.
- If the user needs to view the Background Check results, they also need permission to View Background Check Results in TEAM Software and they need to be registered on Checkr.
Order background checks
- Access your TEAM Software Account.
Note: You must have permission to Order Background Checks and/or View Background Check Results to perform activities in this article.
- From the Job Listings page, click Current or Hired Icon for which the candidate has applied.
- Check the checkbox for the Candidate row you want to run the Background Check for. After checking the checkbox, under the Select Action dropdown, select Order Background Check.
Note: You must have permission to Order Background Checks.
- On the Order Background Check page, select the Cost Center from the dropdown (Note: if your company does not have cost centers, you will not see this dropdown) and select the background check package by clicking on one of the available packages (examples are below). The package selected is highlighted and checked. Click ORDER BACKGROUND CHECK to order the background check for the candidate.
- An order background check confirmation popup displays confirming that you want to proceed with the background check for the selected employee. A summary of the selected background package displays. Click PLACE ORDER to commit to the background check being ordered.
Note: Clicking CANCEL will cancel the background check request and return you to the Current Candidate page.
- After placing the background check order, a Background order confirmation page displays. Click Close to return to the Candidate list page.
- After the background check is ordered, statuses will display on the Candidate list page and will start with Requested (when ordered), then go to In Progress (once the candidate completes their e-consent) and finally to Completed (when the background check is complete).
- The status of the background check information can also be retrieved through the Notes for the candidate. To retrieve this information, click on the Notes icon on the current candidate page for the user or click Candidate Notes within the user profile. The Notes will contain the statuses of the Background Check:
- Requested: displays when ordered
- In Process: the Background Check Results link will be included and when you click the link, you will log in using your Checkr login credentials.
- Complete: displays when the order is complete
- Once the background check is completed, you can click on the Completed button on the Candidate List page or the link in the Notes.
Note: You must have permission to View Background Check Results and you must have a Checkr account. Then you will log in to Checkr and see the background check results.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
The TEAM Software integration allows you to order background checks and view their status; however, the following features are available only from within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.