Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the entire Checkr process, including how to set up your Checkr account on the Zoho platform, how to use the Checkr dashboard, and how to review background check reports.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any other questions that are not covered in this guide that are specific to Zoho, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Add Checkr to Zoho
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
Getting started with Checkr on Zoho
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Zoho, such that Zoho users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Zoho interface.
The only prerequisite to integrate Checkr into your Zoho account is that you have a Zoho account, and are logged in as an Admin.
Add Checkr to Zoho
First, enable Checkr from within Zoho. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Zoho to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
- From the Zoho Home Screen, click the Tools icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Next, click Set Up > Marketplace > All Extensions.
- Click Checkr from the list of options.
- Next, click Install Now, then Continue to install (additionally, click the checkbox “I have agreed to the Terms of Service”).
- Click Continue to install Checkr.
- Choose from the options presented in the Users/Profiles screen and click Confirm.
Then, click Authorize to connect your Zoho account to Checkr.
Clicking Authorize will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign in to connect your current Checkr account to Zoho.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
Partner integrations require a Checkr account creation process that differs from that for standalone Checkr accounts. If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Zoho.
To create an account for use with Zoho:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Zoho. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Zoho and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Zoho platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Connect Checkr and Zoho
After signing into your Checkr account, click Finish on the Zoho platform to connect your Checkr and Zoho accounts.
Order background checks
Once your Zoho and Checkr accounts are connected, click Candidates in the Zoho platform.
To order a background check,
- Select a candidate from the available list.
- Click Export to Checkr (located in the upper right-hand corner).
- Click OK.
- Choose a package from the drop-down menu.
- Click Initiate BG and Done.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Zoho Background Check Reports section (from the menu on the left-hand side).
Click the candidate's profile (below the Background Check Reports section). This will take you to the Checkr Reports section of the Zoho platform.
Click View Report (from the menu on the left-hand side) to view the candidates report in the Checkr Dashboard.
(For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.).
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
The Zoho integration allows you to order background checks and view their status, through the integration or through the Checkr dashboard, the following features are available only from within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.