Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr integration process, including how to set up your Checkr account on the VOMO platform, and how to use the Checkr dashboard.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any other questions that are not covered in this guide, please contact Checkr Customer Support for additional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Add Checkr to VOMO
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
Getting started with Checkr on VOMO
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within VOMO, such that VOMO users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the VOMO interface.
The only prerequisite to integrate Checkr into your VOMO account is that you have a VOMO account, and are logged in as an Admin.
Add Checkr to VOMO
First, enable Checkr from within VOMO. You must have admin access to both Checkr and VOMO to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, go to Background Checks, and click Create an Account or Already have an account.
Clicking Create an Account will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to VOMO.
If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
Partner integrations require a Checkr account creation process that differs from that for standalone Checkr accounts. If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with VOMO.
To create an account for use with VOMO:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from VOMO. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both VOMO and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the VOMO platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Connect Checkr and VOMO
After signing into your Checkr account, click to connect your Checkr and VOMO accounts.
Order background checks
Once your VOMO and Checkr accounts are connected, click People from the left-hand menu. Here you can add candidates by clicking Invite People in the upper right-hand corner.
To order a background check,
- Click the Add icon to request a background check for a candidate
- Click Add Manual Check or Choose Package
- Select a package and click Next
- Next, click Initiate Check then Done
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the VOMO People section, located on the left-hand side. Once Complete, click the icon status to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.).
Use the Checkr Dashboard
The VOMO integration allows you to order background checks and view their status, through the integration or through the Checkr dashboard, the following features are available only from within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.