Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / ClearCare integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any other questions that are not covered in this guide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Add Checkr to ClearCare
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
Getting started with Checkr on ClearCare
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within ClearCare, such that ClearCare users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the ClearCare interface.
The following items are required to initiate ClearCare / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Checkr dashboard, with admin access rights
- Access to ClearCare, with admin rights
- Authentication token (Checkr will generate and send when ClearCare is ready to go live) for your account from the Checkr team
First, enable Checkr from within ClearCare. You must have admin access to both Checkr and ClearCare to complete this process.
Log into ClearCare, then hover over your name in the top right of the screen, and click Agency Settings.
On the Agency Settings page that opens, under Power Tools Integrations, click Sign Up for Employment Screening With Checkr.
Clicking Sign Up will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select sign in to connect your current Checkr account to ClearCare.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Partner integrations require a Checkr account creation process that differs from that for standalone Checkr accounts. If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with ClearCare.
To create an account for use with ClearCare:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from ClearCare. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both ClearCare and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the ClearCare platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
After signing into your Checkr account, click to connect your Checkr and ClearCare accounts.
Once your ClearCare and Checkr accounts are connected, go to the Applicants page under the Caregivers tab. Click an applicant’s name, then click Order Background Check from the options listed above the applicant’s name to initiate a background check for the selected candidate.
Select Packages from the window that opens, and click Next.
Confirm the information listed for the applicant, and click Place Order to initiate the background check.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report (pending or completed) will be listed in the ClearCare applicant’s page.
Once Complete, click View in Checkr to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
While the ClearCare integration provides two means to order background checks and view their status, through the integration or through the Checkr dashboard, the following features are available only from within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.