Checkr provides multiple ways to order background checks for your candidates:
These options serve different customers and different uses. For most new customers, Checkr recommends using the Checkr Dashboard. Some customers prefer a customized implementation built on our API or a Checkr partner integration with their applicant tracking system (ATS).
The Checkr Dashboard provides easy entry to the platform's functionality. Workflows help you perform the actions below:
- Analyze your team's productivity.
- Initiate adverse action.
- Manage your candidate pool.
- Order reports.
Using the Checkr Dashboard provides the benefits below:
- Seamless sign-up process
- No configuration or development work
- Multiple pre-configured background check packages available
- Checkr-managed candidate sign-up
- Multiple pre-configured background check packages
- Checkr-hosted candidate signup that complies with federal and state laws
- Open invitation links for each background check package
- Estimated report completion time
- Customizable motor vehicle record rules
- Option to manually order background checks
- Integrated analytics
If you're interested in using the Checkr Dashboard, contact Checkr.
Use Checkr's API to integrate Checkr features directly into your applications. You can use our API to perform the actions below:
- Create and update candidate profiles.
- Order reports.
- Review report and search results.
- Use webhooks to receive notifications about the background check process.
Checkr API also supports advanced capabilities such as adverse action, identity verification, and estimated report completion times. If you subscribe to API updates, you receive a notice when the estimated completion time changes.
Join us live!
To learn how to build a custom API integration with Checkr, register for this live training webinar in our learning hub, Checkr Academy.
Checkr’s Reports API lets you create candidates and reports without linking to a third-party site. Using the Reports API helps you manage your branding and user experience.
The Reports API includes the benefits below:
- Status updates to an internal system (webhooks)
- Automatically send invitations
- High volume of background checks with an integrated candidate experience
The Checkr Reports API can't create credit reports, drug or alcohol tests, or international background check reports. You must order these items through the dashboard or the Invitation API.
Checkr’s Invitation API lets you create candidates and send invitations automatically. This integration balances the simplicity of the Checkr Dashboard and the customization options of a Reports API integration. The Invitation API requires less development work and maintenance than the Reports API while providing the benefit of the Checkr Dashboard and Checkr-hosted sign-up.
Checkr partner integrations
Checkr partner integration lets you use a single platform for multiple services. When you use Checkr through a partner integration, you receive the benefits below:
- Fixed costs for background checks
- Seamless three-step signup process to connect your partner and Checkr accounts
- System and workflow integration between your background check process and your existing system