Checkr provides three ways to use the platform to order background checks for your candidates:
These three options serve different customers, and different use cases. Our recommended option for most new customers is to use the Checkr Dashboard. In some cases, a customized implementation built on our APIs, or a Checkr Partner integration with your current ATS might better suit your business needs.
Available Checkr options:
The Checkr Dashboard provides an easy entry to the platform's functionality. Easy to follow workflows help customers order reports, manage their candidate pool, initiate adverse action processes, and analyze their team's productivity. We recommend this option for the vast majority of new customers due to its flexibility and ease of use.
The benefits of using the Dashboard include:
- Multiple pre-configured background check packages available
- A hosted candidate sign-up flow that complies with federal and state laws
- Shareable invitation links for each available background screening package
- Customizable Programs, Geos, and Motor Vehicle Record rules
- Option to manually order background checks
- Integrated Analytics dashboards
- Seamless sign-up process, no heavy configuration or development work needed
If you're interested in using this option, reach out to our sales team at email@example.com for inquiries.
If you're interested in using this option, see the Checkr API documentation. Please contact Checkr Customer Support if you wish to develop custom integrations using our API.
Checkr Reports API
The Reports API enables customers to create candidates and reports, without the need to link to a third-party site. Using the API allows you to manage the branding and user experience for the integration to align with your brand standards and user experiences.
The benefits of the Reports API include:
- Receive status updates to an internal system (Webhooks)
- Save time by automatically sending invitations
- Run a high volume of background checks with an integrated candidate experience
Important: The Checkr Reports API cannot create Credit Reports, Health Screenings, or International background check reports. These must be ordered through the Dashboard or the Invitation API.
Checkr Invitation API
The Invitation API allows customers to create candidates and send invitations automatically. This integration strikes a balance between the simplicity of the Checkr Dashboard and the customization options of a Reports API integration. The Invitation API requires less development work and maintenance than the Reports API while providing the benefit of the Checkr Dashboard and hosted flow.
Checkr Partner integrations provide customers the ability to use a single platform for multiple services. Checkr is dedicated to secure, reliable, and seamless integrations with all of our partners. When you use Checkr through a partner integration, you receive:
- Fixed, pre-negotiated rate for background checks
- Seamless three-step sign-up process to connect your Partner and Checkr accounts
- System and workflow integration between your background check process and your existing system of record
To see if we integrate with a system you use, see our current partner integrations. If one of these Partner Integrations is right for your company, please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more..