Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the entire Checkr process, including how to set up your Checkr account on the Paylocity platform, how to use the Checkr dashboard, and how to review background check reports.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any other questions that are not covered in this guide, please contact Checkr Customer Support for additional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Add Checkr to Paylocity
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Connect Checkr and Paylocity
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
Check out our video on setting up Paylocity and Checkr:
Getting started with Checkr on Paylocity
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Paylocity, such that Paylocity users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Paylocity interface.
The only prerequisite to integrate Checkr into your Paylocity account is that you have a Paylocity account, and are logged in as an Admin.
Add Checkr to Paylocity
First, enable Checkr from within Paylocity. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Paylocity to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, go to Settings > Integrations, and click the button to Setup Checkr.
Then, click Connect to connect your Paylocity account to Checkr.
Clicking Connect will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select sign in to connect your current Checkr account to Paylocity.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
Partner integrations require a Checkr account creation process that differs from that for standalone Checkr accounts. If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Paylocity.
To create an account for use with Paylocity:
1. Click Sign Up when prompted.
2. Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
3. Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Paylocity. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
4. Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Paylocity and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Paylocity platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Connect Checkr and Paylocity
After signing into your Checkr account, click to connect your Checkr and Paylocity accounts.
Order background checks
Once your Paylocity and Checkr accounts are connected, Paylocity will include a Background Check tab in the candidate dashboard.
To order a background check,
- Select an applicant
- Click Order Background Check,
- choose a Package, and click Order.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Paylocity candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.).
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Paylocity integration provides two means to order background checks and view their status, through the integration or through the Checkr dashboard, the following features are available only from within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.