We offer background checks for companies operating out of Canada, in a process that differs quite a bit from the US process. The flow can be explained in the following steps:
- The company fills out a one-time, online authorization form provided by Checkr.
- Checkr adds a Canada apply link to the company's Home tab on the dashboard to send to applicants.
- Applicants will be required to upload two forms of government issued ID when providing their personal information. it is your company's responsibility to review those IDs before requesting a background check.
- The applicant provides their personal information, two forms of government issued ID, and electronic signature through the apply link.
- The applicant is asked to declare whether there are any records in their name by describing the charge and year it happened.
- Checkr compares the applicant's declaration with the RCMP Database (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), the central repository of criminal records in Canada.
- The applicant's report is completed and displayed with their records, if applicable.
If you have questions about getting started, please reach out to email@example.com!