This article will help you:
- Manage recurring background check reruns for your active workforce
- Create and modify Subscriptions on the Checkr Dashboard and API
This article is for the following user roles: admin
Is your company required to rerun background checks on a specific cadence for your active workforce? Checkr’s Subscriptions feature is designed to help you with this.
When you create a Subscription for a candidate, you set an interval by which background checks will be rerun. For example, you could rerun a check every three months, or every year.
Managing Subscriptions via the Checkr Dashboard (Admin)
To add or modify an individual candidate’s Subscription, log into Checkr as an admin and go to the candidate’s report from the Candidates section.
- Click Subscriptions in the Candidate Information pane for a given report.
- Certify that you have already collected the appropriate consent documentation.
Note: You need to gather something called “evergreen consent” to rerun background checks indefinitely. This is a one-time consent informing the candidate that you will run background checks on an ongoing basis. Many companies include this in their initial authorization form, but others use a new disclosure each time. Check with your counsel for state-by-state guidance.
- Define the subscription:
- Select the Package you’d like to run on an ongoing basis
- Set the Monthly Interval for reruns to occur. For example, to run repeats annually, set Monthly Interval to 12.
- Set the First Occurrence, which is the date you would like the subscription to begin repeating. This date must be at least one day in the future.
Note: To remove a subscription after you've enabled it, click the trash can icon.
- Click Save to create and enable the subscription
Example: If you create a subscription on May 25th, 2018 and wish to rerun the subscription every year, set the First Occurrence to May 25th, 2019. If you wish to run a report now, and then repeat every year on January 1st, set First Occurrence to January 1st next year, and Monthly Interval to 12.
Once subscriptions are enabled, track your candidates with active subscriptions from the Candidates section in the Dashboard. Select the Monitor Type filter, then Subscription.
Note: Subscriptions must be managed individually. You cannot mass subscribe, or unsubscribe candidates from a given subscription using the Dashboard. However, you can do this using our API.
Managing Subscriptions via the API
Checkr’s API also allows you to create subscriptions. In addition to the features available through the dashboard, the API also allows you to bulk enable and disable subscriptions.
Review the Subscriptions section of our API Docs to set up Subscriptions using the API.
Tip: Avoid running unnecessary reports using the API -- you will be charged for each report you run.