Yes, we offer criminal background checks for applicants who will be living and working in foreign countries.
Applicants will be required to submit a Passport number and National ID number.
The turnaround time and cost will vary depending on country. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
A few important factors to note:
- Other countries' privacy laws are generally significantly more strict than the US. Reports will generally only return whether or not there is a criminal record. Rarely if ever will they elaborate further than that
- International Checks take between 10 and 40 days to complete depending on the country (Europe and Asia average 14 days)
- Costs vary from country to country. Because their costs can change rapidly, we do not have a pricing list for these checks. If there's a specific country you'd like info on, you can always reach out to us and we'll give you the most current price
- Applicants will be required to take more steps than in a domestic background check. We, and possibly a government agency from their home country will be reaching out to them for additional consent processes. The turnaround time of the background check will depend entirely on how quickly the applicant responds to requests for consent
- At this time, international applicants are unable to access the applicant portal, so they'll have to reach out directly to Checkr if they have any questions about their pending check, or want a copy of the check for their own reference
- There are a few countries, like Latvia and Albania (and a few more intermittently) who will not be able to run a background check on some applicants due to privacy laws. Unfortunately, because there is no standard rubric for knowing this, we won't know until we hear back from the government. In those cases, you will not be charged for the background check, but the check may cease over a week after the request was sent.