This article will help you:
- Understand Checkr’s default duplication protection for candidates and for reports
- Understand the SSN Already Taken error
- Run additional reports for existing candidates
This article is intended for the following user roles: requester, admin
To prevent you from accidentally requesting multiple reports for a single candidate, and to help you avoid duplicate charges for these multiple reports, Checkr blocks the creation of duplicate candidates with identical Social Security Numbers (SSNs) for 30 days.
For Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) searches, which use Driver’s License number and state of issuance instead of SSNs, Checkr allows one duplicate candidates to be created within 24 hours but will block additional attempts.
- If a candidate is initially created without an SSN or Driver’s License number, Checkr will not always block duplicate candidates.
- Duplication blocking can be disabled completely, but the 30-day window cannot be adjusted.
- Checkr is not liable for costs associated with duplicate reports. Please keep this in mind as you order new reports or send invitations.
Just as Checkr protects against duplicate candidates in the system, we also protect against duplicate reports being generated.
Once a candidate object or profile is created within Checkr, no more than three reports can be requested for the candidate within a 24-hour period.
When ordering multiple reports for a single candidate, you must first determine whether you want to re-order the original report, with the original screenings, or if you wish to order a new report, with different screenings.
Checkr provides two means to order reports for a single candidate with identical screenings within 30 days:
- Using the API.
- Using the candidate's existing report.
For more information on ordering reports using the API, see Create a new Report in the Checkr API docs.
To re-order a report using the Dashboard, open the report and click Order new report.
To order reports with new or additional screenings you must initiate a new Report:
- On the Candidates page, click Invite Candidates, then enter the candidate’s email address. This will initiate a new report, allowing you to select new Packages for the candidate.