This article will help you:
- Send Checkr-hosted invitations to candidates to participate in the background check process
- Send links to candidates to initiate the process
- Create a manual background check order for a candidate
- Check an invitation's status in the Dashboard
- Order a new Report for an existing Candidate
This article is for the following user roles: admin, requester
There are three ways to run background checks using the Checkr Dashboard:
- Invite candidates: enter email addresses to invite candidates to complete a background check workflow.
- Email individual candidates a link: copy and paste a link from the Home page to invite candidates to participate in select Packages of screenings.
- Enter candidate PII manually: allow individual recruiters to order ad-hoc background checks quickly. You must collect the candidate's PII and consent to run the background check offline.
If you don't see any links to invite candidates in your account, you likely haven't set up payment yet. As an admin, go to Account Settings > Payment to enter it.
Using the Candidates page of the Checkr Dashboard to send email invitations is the most recommended way to request background checks due to its convenience and compliance.
This workflow is hosted by Checkr: we'll capture and store the candidate's PII (personally identifiable information), serve the necessary Disclosure and Authorization documents, and add state-specific documents.
For more information on sending invitations from the Candidates page, please see Invite candidates by email in the Checkr Dashboard User Guide.
The Checkr Dashboard also provides links which may be copied and emailed to candidates to initiate the invitation workflow. These links are available for each of your defined packages, but do not include candidate-specific information. To see your existing invitation links, go to the Home page of the Dashboard.
For more information, see Send invitation links to Candidates in the Checkr Dashboard User Guide.
For more information on entering candidate information manually to initiate a background check, please see Manually order reports in the Checkr Dashboard User Guide.
The Candidates page of the Dashboard also allows you to see the status of all invitations you’ve sent under the Status column.
If it’s been fewer than 7 days since you generated the invitation, the candidate will be in Invitation sent status. If it’s been more than 7 days and the link has expired, the candidate will be in Expired status.
If you want to subscribe to receive email notifications when invites expire, or when an invite is completed and a report is created, you can do so from the Account Settings section, under Email notifications. See our article on email notifications for more information.
You can re-order a report for an existing candidate if 30 days have passed since the original report, so that they won’t have to fill out the invitation link again.
To do this, go to their report and click order new report. If you want to continue ordering reports on a regular basis for this candidate, use our Subscriptions feature.
For more information on ordering multiple reports for a single candidate, please see Can I request multiple reports for a candidate?