Use the Checkr Dashboard to order background checks for your candidates using the Checkr-Hosted Apply Flow. This feature helps you to remain compliant with FCRA suggestions by offering Checkr best practices recommendations for both the PII requested from the candidate, and the forms and disclosures presented to them.
Using the Checkr-Hosted Apply Flow:
- Allows you to invite multiple candidates to participate in the background check process simultaneously.
Captures and stores the candidate’s Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for you.
- Provides required forms and disclosures for the candidate to acknowledge, helping you to remain compliant with FCRA rules.
Checkr-Hosted Apply Flow
To issue invitation links to candidates using the Checkr-Hosted Apply Flow, go to the Candidates page, and click Invite Candidates.
Select a Geo (if enabled), a Package, and a Program (if enabled), then enter up to 25 email addresses to which the invitation will be sent.
Click Send Invitations, and emails with an invitation link will be sent to the listed candidates.
Once received, Candidates can click the link to launch the Checkr-Hosted Apply Flow.
Note: When you invite a candidate, their name will appear in the Candidates page with Invitation Sent as their status. Once the candidate has accepted the invitation and their background check has completed, you may also click into and view their Report from the Candidates page.
For more information, see Invite candidates by email in the Checkr Dashboard User Guide.
When you invite candidates to participate in their background check using a Checkr-provided link, the Checkr-Hosted Apply Flow will walk them through the next steps in the process.
Candidates will receive an email with your company's logo, and links to start their background check.
Clicking the link will open a window in which we’ll collect the candidate's Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and provide Disclosure and Authorization documents, including state-specific documents. They will be asked to:
- Enter their Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Information required will vary by screening, but most candidates will be asked to provide their name, Social Security Number, date of birth, and current zip code.
- Read the disclosure(s) and authorize that they consent to have a background report run.
Once your candidate has entered their information and consented to the background check, Checkr will begin to generate a report.
Track the report’s progress
After an invitation has been issued, use the Checkr Dashboard to track its progress.
The Candidates page lists all reports in progress, from the moment the invitation is issued until the report is complete. Once complete, this page also lists any action your account has taken with the Candidate as a result of the report’s completion.
The Status column lists the report’s progress through our system.
- Invitation Sent: Your invitation has been issued, but the candidate has not yet responded.
- Pending: The report is processing and will typically be finalized in 2-3 days, but could take longer if we need documentation from the candidate or if a particular check is taking longer than expected.
- Clear: The report is complete and does not contain any information your account has flagged for review.
- Consider: The report is complete and contains information for your team to evaluate.
- Suspended: The report cannot be completed because candidate information is missing or cannot be verified.
- Expired: Your candidate did not respond to the invitation within 7 days.
For more information, see What does the status of the report indicate? in the Checkr Help Center.
The Adjudication column lists your company’s decision on whether or not to proceed with the candidate.
- Engaged: Your company has decided to proceed with the hiring process.
- Pre Adverse Action: Your company has initiated the Adverse Action process, and notified the candidate that something on their report might prevent your hiring process from proceeding.
- Post Adverse Action: Your company has completed the Adverse Action process.
Get email updates on changes to report status
Checkr issues email notifications at several points during report generation.
To receive updates, go to Account Settings > Your Email Preferences, and select the events for which you would like to receive email notification. For example, you may wish to be notified when a report is completed and reaches Clear or Consider status, or when a candidate invitation expires.
Individual users in your account may set their own notification preferences.
To learn more, see How do I manage my email notification preferences?