Checkr's user roles provide varying levels of access for team members involved in each stage of the background check lifecycle.
Depending on the user's role, set one or more of the following permissions. An individual user in Checkr can have multiple roles (such as adjudicator AND requester).
Checkr's user roles
- Limited User: Can view the Candidates list. Cannot see candidate details or view reports. This role is automatically assigned to all new users on an Account.
- User: Can view reports and candidate details. Assign this role to staff who provide candidates with updates on their background check.
- Health Auditor: Can download the Health Screenings PDF which includes health results as rendered from the Checkr Dashboard, and the Result Certificate and Chain of Custody Form from Checkr's Health Check provider. This role does not grant permission to view the complete report from within the Checkr Dashboard, nor does it grant permission to download the PDF of the complete report.
- Requester: Can access, send, monitor, and cancel invitations to initiate background checks. This role can see the status of reports in the Candidates page, but cannot see the details or results of completed reports. This role can see candidate documents and exceptions, but cannot see completed report details. Assign this role to recruiters who initiate background checks.
- Adjudicator: Can see candidate and report details. This role can adjudicate Reports, engage candidates, and send Pre-Adverse Action notices to candidates. Assign this role to adjudication staff.
- Restricted Admin: Available for Account Hierarchy enabled accounts only, this role has all permissions of Adjudicators and Requesters for candidates in their Account Hierarchy node. This role can invite users to the account, and assign non-Admin user roles. This role can also view invoices and change developer settings. This role cannot update billing or settings. Assign this role to administrators for sub-nodes on your account.
- Admin: Has full access to all functionality within the Checkr Dashboard. This role can update account settings (including billing information), assign all roles to any users in the account. Limit this role to core members of your team.
The first user to an account will always be an admin. We recommend that you add more than one admin to your account, so that if an admin gets locked out of the account, another admin can unlock them.
Manage user permissions by Geo (location)
If your team is assembled by region, you may want a certain user to have access only to candidates in their region. To do this, make sure you have Geos set up to reflect the different locations where you hire candidates.
From the Account Settings > Users tab, find the user whose permissions you want to change, and click edit geos.
You can then choose specific geo locations to which that user will be subscribed. Users will only be able to access and manage candidates in the geos you've selected.