From the Candidates page in the Checkr Dashboard, select a report to review.
If you can't open the report, it might be for a reason below:
Review the report status
The Clear status means that the searches in this report had an outcome below:
- The searches returned no records.
- The searches returned no records or information you need to evaluate based on your guidelines.
The Consider status means that at least 1 search in this report has information that your team must review.
Select a record to read details that include the ones below:
- Charge type (felony, misdemeanor)
- Offense date
- Disposition (dismissed, guilty, no contest)
- Sentencing information
To avoid declining qualified candidates, consider whether this information is relevant to your requirements. This process helps you comply with guidance from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), as well as state and federal guidelines.
The search types below return a status of Complete, rather than Clear or Consider:
- Pointer searches
- Education and employment verification searches
Decide whether to engage the candidate
After you review the report, you decide whether to continue with the selection process.
If you continue with the selection process, select Engage in the report's Actions section.
Remember to select Engage so that Checkr analytics can include information from this report. Analytics can show metrics such as the ones below:
- Reports that indicate that the candidate is eligible for selection
- Other situations in which adverse action is inappropriate
- Historic adjudication decisions
Selecting Engage doesn’t notify the candidate and doesn’t change the report.
Begin adverse action
If you decide not to engage the candidate, begin the adverse action process.