Welcome to Checkr!
This guide outlines the Checkr/Omnihire integration process and how to order background checks.
- Getting started
- Create a Checkr account
- Connect to Checkr
- Account hierarchy
- Order background checks
- Review background checks
- Checkr’s candidate experience
- Resubmit a background check
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to enable the integration:
- Admin access to Checkr
- An employer account with Omnihire
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created during the integration process with Omnihire. Refer to the “Connect to Checkr” section below on how to begin the Checkr account setup process from within Omnihire.
Once you’ve been directed to a Checkr page during the sign-up process, you can either sign in to an existing account or create a new one.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Omnihire.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Omnihire. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Omnihire and you to begin syncing background check data through the Omnihire platform.
- Once you have connected to Checkr, you will be redirected back to Omnihire.
Connect to Checkr
- As an Omnihire customer, log in to your Omnihire account.
- Navigate to your profile page.
- Select the button that says “Get Started with Checkr”.
- You will be redirected to the Checkr hosted Sign Up / Sign In screen. Please follow the steps to start the sign-up / sign-in process.
- Once completed, you will be redirected back to Omnihire and you will be shown your connection state.
- Please note that if you’ve chosen to sign in to an existing Checkr account, Omnihire will show your status as "Logged in w/ Checkr" and you can begin ordering background checks.
- If you’ve chosen to sign up for a new Checkr account, Omnihire will show your status as "Verification pending w/ Checkr" as your account has to be credentialed by Checkr. This typically takes 24 hours and both you and Omnihire will be notified once you’re ready to begin ordering.
The integration allows users to set up different "nodes" inside of their Checkr account to appear when you order a background check. You can use nodes to designate different locations, teams, or groups that order background checks within your organization. Checkr requires you to assign packages to nodes after you create them. Your Checkr invoice shows which node ordered which package.
Each time you order a background check, you select which node to order the check from, and then select from a list of packages available to that node. Invoices show the background checks that each node ordered within 2 billing cycles after setup.
To order a background check with an account hierarchy and nodes, please follow the steps within “Order Background Checks”. During the ordering process, Omnihire asks the user to select your preferred node and package for ordering.
The list of packages appears based on the node you select. Select the background check package you want to order. If no packages appear, you must assign the appropriate packages to that node in your Checkr Dashboard before proceeding.
Order background checks
- Login to your Omnihire account.
- To create a background check, a candidate must be in the background check stage of a job interview.
- Once the candidate is in that stage, you can send an invitation to the candidate being interviewed by clicking on the “Start Background Check” button.
- Once you click “Start Background Check”, you're presented with your Checkr nodes (if applicable) and a list of background check packages available for ordering.
- Select your preferred node (if applicable) and package. Once the package is selected, it will send an invitation to the candidate to start the background check process.
Review background checks
- Login to your Omnihire account.
- Once an invitation has been sent, Omnihire will display that you are waiting on the candidate to complete the invitation.
- Once the candidate completes the invitation, you will be able to see that the candidate has submitted their background check and Omnihire will display a label showing the current status of the background check.
- To view the completed report in Checkr, select “View Report”. You will be redirected to the Checkr dashboard to review the full report details.
For more information on reports and report statuses, refer to How do I interpret a background report.
Checkr’s candidate experience
Checkr's candidate experience overview describes the candidate's experience of the background check process. It provides information to answer common questions and resolve common issues.
Resubmit a background check
Yes, Omnihire allows the user to try to submit a background check again in case there is a failure. Please follow the steps under “Order Background Checks” to resubmit a background check for your candidate.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and find their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Order a candidate's report
- Adjudicate a candidate’s report
- The adverse action process: Deciding not to move forward with a candidate
- Candidate stories: Better understand the past and present
- Manage account users
- Set up payment information