E-Verify is a website that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9 to the United States (US) Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records. Checkr partners with Tracker I-9 to integrate E-Verify into the Checkr Dashboard.
Consult your legal counsel about E-Verify-related compliance.
To activate E-Verify on your account, use the steps below:
- Select I-9.
- Select Settings.
- Select "Activate E-Verify."
- Verify the company name and address on your account.
- Note the information below. You’ll need this information for the next step:
- External client ID (Checkr’s account ID)
- External employer ID (Checkr’s account ID)
- Complete and submit the E-Verify questionnaire.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) sends a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) link to the person on line 11 of the questionnaire. Someone with the authority to legally bind the company to an agreement must sign the MOU. The link to the MOU expires after 24 hours.
Activating E-Verify for your account takes two to three business days.
After E-Verify is enabled for your account, “E-Verify activated” appears in the Checkr Dashboard.
Your account admin must complete training on the Tracker website before you can use E-Verify.
When you set up E-Verify, you enter a primary contact in line 10 of the questionnaire. E-Verify contacts this person if they need to speak to someone from your company about a case. E-Verify calls this representative a “case creator.” To change your case creator, contact Checkr.
To enable E-Verify for individual worksites, use the steps below from the Worksites tab:
- Select the actions menu for the worksite you want to edit.
- Select Edit.
- Select E-Verify On.