Checkr provides access to checks in 223 countries around the world. This document lists common turnaround times for our most frequently requested countries.
Standard international background check packages
The following countries offer the standard international Criminal Check, Education Verification, Employment Verification, and Global Watchlist Check within a 6-8 business day turnaround time. (Note: Turnaround time begins when Checkr has received all forms and information required for the selected screenings from your candidate.)
The following countries offer the standard international Criminal Check, Education Verification, and Employment Verifications, but have longer turnaround times, as listed.
- Australia (6-20 business days)
- Italy (6-15 business days)
- Taiwan (6-12 business days)
- Thailand (6-9 business days)
- United Kingdom (6-12 business days)
Adverse Media Check
The following countries offer the standard international Education and Employment Verifications, but do not offer an international Criminal Check. Checkr provides our Adverse Media Check for these countries.
Both countries offer a 2-8 business day turnaround time for these screenings.
- South Korea
Checkr offers our standard international Criminal Check, Education Verification and Employment Verifications for these countries, which require extra steps from their candidates, as listed.
- Australia: The application requires the candidate to submit photo IDs based on the numerical value assigned to each ID (such as passport or driver license). Submitted IDs must add up to 100 points. Please see the Australia National Police Check Application for Instructions and details. (18-20 day turnaround time)
- Belgium: In-country candidates are required to complete instructions sent to them by email for Criminal checks. (6-21 business day turnaround time)
- France: Candidates must respond to an email asking them to confirm the Criminal Check. When it is complete, they will receive a copy of their report, which they must then upload to the Checkr Candidate Portal for processing. (6-11 business day turnaround time)
- Germany: Candidates will receive an email with further instructions. In-country candidates must visit their local town hall to request a criminal record certificate. Out-of-country candidates must have their application notarized, and then mail it to a US address. (6-20 business day turnaround time)
- The Netherlands: Candidates will be sent a copy of their certificate, which they must then upload to the Checkr Candidate Portal for processing. Out-of-country candidates will not be notified by phone or by email, they will simply receive the cert. In-country candidates will be notified by email, and will be mailed the certificate directly. (6-8 business day turnaround time)