Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Justworks setup process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Justworks, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
This guide describes how to set up a Checkr account from the Justworks platform.
The following items are required to initiate Justworks/ Checkr setup. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Justworks, with admin rights
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate your Checkr account creation, navigate to the Justworks Marketplace page, find the Checkr section and click Learn More. You will be taken to the Checkr landing page with has more information about Checkr and a “Get Started” button to initiate the signup process for a Checkr account.
Clicking Get Started will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In or Learn More.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Justworks
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information
- If you would like more information about Checkr, you can click on Learn More to be taken to a page with access to information like packages, pricing and the help center.
Create a Checkr account
To create a Checkr Account
- Click Set Up a Checkr Account when prompted.
- You will receive a prompt with the information you will need to create a Checkr account. Once you have that information gathered, click Continue
- Enter your name and company business information, and click Continue. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Justworks. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, you will be able to order background checks directly from your Checkr dashboard
- Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Justworks integration allows users to setup their Checkr account, all ordering of background checks and other features are available only within Checkr:
- How to order a background check
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.