This guide will walk you through the Checkr / TAM integration process. The help center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this guide. If you have any questions not covered in the help center, submit a request.
- TAM Permissions
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Account Hierarchy
- Order Background Checks
- Manual Ordering within TAM
- Resubmit A Background Check
- Review A Background Check
- Checkr Features
The following items are required to the integration:
- Admin access in Checkr and TAM
- TAM has role-based access.
- You'll need permissions to access Add-on Tools / Integrations.
- This level of access is delegated from an admin, but is not restricted to admin users.
Enable Checkr setup
- Login to your TAM account.
- From your TAM desktop, select Setup from the top navigation menu. Once the Setup dropdown populates, select Add-on Tools / Integrations.
- From Add-on Tools / Integrations, you will see a box titled 'Background Screening' and Checkr. Next to Checkr, select Connect to Checkr.
- Selecting Connect to Checkr, you'll need to Sign In or Sign up to create a Checkr account.
- If you already have a Checkr account, select Sign In to connect TAM to Checkr.
- You'll be redirected to back to 'Add-on Tools / Integrations'.
- If you don't have an account, select Setup a Checkr Account.
Create a Checkr account
- Select Setup a Checkr account.
- Enter your contact/business information.
- Select Continue.
- Enter your business payment information.
- Select Continue.
- Invoices are sent out at the beginning of each month.
- Select Submit Account for your account to be authorized.
- Once you've connected to Checkr, you'll be redirected back to 'Add-on Tools / Integrations'.
- After creating an account you'll need to wait for your it to be authorized by Checkr to order a background check.
- You'll be notified via email once your account's authorized.
With Account Hierarchy you can set up Cost Centers (nodes) within the Checkr dashboard for background checks. Nodes can be used to assign different locations, teams, or groups that order background checks within your organization. Assign a package to a node and it will appear on your invoice. Invoices will show the background checks ordered by each node. Once created, when ordering to order a background check:
- Enter the work location of the candidate
- Select the node
- Select the background check packages
Your list of background check packages will automatically generate based on the node. Select the background check package. If you do not see any, you'll need to assign a package to that node in your Checkr dashboard.
Invoices will show the background checks ordered by each node within 2 billing cycles after setup.
Order Background Checks
Once your TAM and Checkr account set up is complete, you can order background checks.
Manual Ordering within TAM
- Log in to TAM
- From the TAM Desktop, select Talent Pool
- From the Talent Pool, use the ‘Select Position’ dropdown to make a selection.
- Once all applicants have populated, select a candidate to run a background check.
- After selecting a candidate, you'll be brought the candidate’s card.
- If your account has been successfully connected to Checkr, you'll see a Checkr icon.
- Select the Checkr icon to order the background check.
- Select Run Background Check.
- Once selected, you'll be asked to 'Invite Candidate' and submit the following information: country, state, city, node (if applicable), package, email address.
- Select Submit to place the order.
- Once a background check is ordered, candidates receive an email from Checkr to provide their information and complete the candidate's background check process.
- Checkr will keep you updated via email on the status as it completes. Checkr’s help center provides additional information on how to interpret a background check. Some background checks results are available within 24 hours. Most background checks are completed within 3-5 business days, but can take longer depending on the location or depth of the search.
Resubmit A Background Check
TAM does support the ability to resubmit a background check for a candidate if the invitation has expired or was previously canceled. To do so, please review TAM's Manual Order flow.
Review A Background Check
- Log in to your TAM account.
- From the TAM Desktop, select Talent Pool.
- Use the ‘Select Position’ dropdown to make a selection.
- Once all applicants have populated, select a candidate.
- Selecting will pull up the candidate’s card.
- Select the Checkr icon.
- Select Review Background Results to view:
- Background check package name
- Status of the background check invitation
- Status of the background check report and ETA
- Background check report results and completion time
- A link to the candidate in the Checkr dashboard (if the invitation has not yet been completed)
- A link to the report (once it's in progress)
- Select View Report to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard and review the details.
Additional Checkr account features and useful help center information for getting started: