Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / anecdotes integration process. The help center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this guide. If you have any questions not covered in the help center, submit a request.
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Order A Background Check
- Review Background Check Data in anecdotes
- Background Check Data Syncs
- Checkr Features
The following items are required to enable the integration:
- Admin access in Checkr and anecdotes
Enable Checkr setup
To enable Checkr from within the anecdotes platform, please follow the steps below:
- Login to the anecdotes platform.
- From your homepage, use the navigation bar on the left side of the page to select the icon for the Plugin Market.
- From the Plugin Market page, either search for Checkr in the Search plugins search bar or select HR Tools from the top navigation menu. This will bring you to a page of available HR Tools.
- Within HR Tools select Checkr.
- You will be brought to a Checkr page with additional information:
- How To Connect: A guide on how to get started
- Plugin Info: This information details what Checkr does and the evidence anecdotes is pulling.
- Permissions: This tab details the permissions anecdotes has to access your Checkr account.
- Logs: The logs of evidence collection.
- From the Checkr page in anecdotes, select Connect Plugin.
- If you already have an account, select Sign In to connect to anecdotes. If you don’t have a Checkr account, create an account to get started.
- Once you have connected to Checkr, you will be redirected back to anecdotes and the evidence collection will start.
Create a Checkr account
To create an account:
- Select Setup a Checkr account.
- Enter your contact/business information.
- Select Continue.
- Enter your business payment information.
- Select Continue.
- Invoices are sent out at the beginning of each month.
- Select Submit Account for your account to be authorized.
- Checkr will verify your information and notify you in 1-2 business days via email.
Order A Background Check
Order a background check directly from the Checkr dashboard. anecdotes doesn’t support the ordering process within their platform. anecdotes will receive completed background check report information from your Checkr Account.
Review Background Check Data in anecdotes
anecdotes only receives completed report information. To view completed report information within anecdotes, please follow the steps below:
- Login to anecdotes.
- From your homepage, use the navigation bar on the left to select the multi-square icon for the Evidence Pool.
- From the Evidence Pool, within anecdotes Filters, within Evidence collected from enter or scroll to select Checkr.
- When viewing the evidence collected from Checkr, select the evidence batch titled Checkr - List of candidates and their background checks.
- Collected Data, including: candidate email, candidate name, candidate ID, background check status, background check package, check creation date and check completion date.
- Guide & Info: details all of the API calls anecdotes used to retrieve data from Checkr, as well as 'Evidence Description' and 'Best Practice Guide'.
- Example Screenshot: an example of how the data looks in Checkr’s UI.
- From the ‘Collected Evidence’ list, you can select Checkr - List of packages and their screenings, which details all packages from your Checkr account including: package name, screening type, creation date.
- Both collection pages allow you to filter and download the evidence.
Background Check Data Syncs
- anecdotes will always pull the last year of background check data from Checkr.
- anecdotes’ data sync is auto scheduled for 1X/week.
- To run a sync on demand, navigate back to the Checkr plug-in page and select the icon Run on Demand.
Additional Checkr account features and useful help center information for getting started:
- Order a background check
- Checkr account settings
- Checkr's Mission