This guide will walk you through the Checkr / anecdotes integration process. The help center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this guide. If you have any questions not covered in the help center, submit a request.
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Order A Background Check
- Review Background Check Data in anecdotes
- Background Check Data Syncs
- Checkr Features
The following items are required to enable the integration:
- Admin access in Checkr and anecdotes
Enable Checkr setup
To enable Checkr from within the anecdotes platform, please follow the steps below:
- Login to the anecdotes platform.
- From your homepage, use the navigation bar on the left side of the page to select the icon for the Plugin Market.
- From the Plugin Market page, either search for Checkr in the Search plugins search bar or select HR Tools from the top navigation menu. This will bring you to a page of available HR Tools.
- Within HR Tools select Checkr.
- You will be brought to a Checkr page with additional information:
- How To Connect: A guide on how to get started
- Plugin Info: This information details what Checkr does and the evidence anecdotes is pulling.
- Permissions: This tab details the permissions anecdotes has to access your Checkr account.
- Logs: The logs of evidence collection.
- From the Checkr page in anecdotes, select Connect Plugin.
- If you already have a Checkr account, select Sign In.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with anecdotes.
To create an account for use with anecdotes:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to anecdotes.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from anecdotes. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both anecdotes and you to begin ordering background checks through the anecdotes platform.
- Once you have connected to Checkr, you will be redirected back to anecdotes and the evidence collection will start.
Order A Background Check
Order a background check directly from the Checkr dashboard. anecdotes doesn’t support the ordering process within their platform. anecdotes will receive completed background check report information from your Checkr Account.
Review Background Check Data in anecdotes
anecdotes only receives completed report information. To view completed report information within anecdotes, please follow the steps below:
- Login to anecdotes.
- From your homepage, use the navigation bar on the left to select the multi-square icon for the Evidence Pool.
- From the Evidence Pool, within anecdotes Filters, within Evidence collected from enter or scroll to select Checkr.
- When viewing the evidence collected from Checkr, select the evidence batch titled Checkr - List of candidates and their background checks.
- Collected Data, including: candidate email, candidate name, candidate ID, background check status, background check package, check creation date and check completion date.
- Guide & Info: details all of the API calls anecdotes used to retrieve data from Checkr, as well as 'Evidence Description' and 'Best Practice Guide'.
- Example Screenshot: an example of how the data looks in Checkr’s UI.
- From the ‘Collected Evidence’ list, you can select Checkr - List of packages and their screenings, which details all packages from your Checkr account including: package name, screening type, creation date.
- Both collection pages allow you to filter and download the evidence.
Background Check Data Syncs
- anecdotes will always pull the last year of background check data from Checkr.
- anecdotes’ data sync is auto scheduled for 1X/week.
- To run a sync on demand, navigate back to the Checkr plug-in page and select the icon Run on Demand.
Additional Checkr account features and useful help center information for getting started:
- Order a background check
- Checkr account settings
- Checkr's Mission