Checkr offers Assess Premium to help streamline your team’s adjudication process by manually defining rules for evaluating records that searches find.
First, you set powerful and flexible adjudication rules. Based on your rules, Assess Premium assigns a status to records in the completed reports. You can then focus on reviewing reports that need your attention.
Customized, role-based adjudication rules
Customize adjudication rules for any role based on the information below:
- Age of the record
- Candidate's age at the time of offense
- Frequency of record type
- Record severity
- Record type
More efficient adjudication
Assess Premium can help reduce the number of reports that need manual review by up to 90%.
Filtering records based on the rules your adjudicator sets can reduce your time manually reviewing reports by up to 80%.
Assess Premium helps you standardize eligibility decisions for your candidate pool. By setting your rules to show only the records you care about, you can reduce the risk of human error and bias. Targeted and consistent review processes help you with the tasks below:
- Help demonstrate your compliance.
- Make informed decisions about your policies based on real data.
Assess Premium doesn't replace your compliance program, particularly your background check review and adjudication practices. Assess Premium applies your defined rules to records to help your review and adjudication practices.
As a consumer reporting agency, Checkr doesn't adjudicate records for you. You should consult your legal counsel about which Assess Premium settings best fit your needs, including the topics below:
- How to apply your company’s review and adjudication practices to Assess Premium
- How your use of Assess Premium might affect your responsibilities under applicable federal and state laws
Possible report statuses for Assess Premium
When a report completes, Assess Premium compares records to your eligibility rules and assigns 1 of 3 possible statuses. The assigned status appears in the Assessment column on the Candidates page of the dashboard:
- Eligible: A situation below applies:
- The report has no criminal history or other records.
- The report has records that, according to your Assess Premium rules, don't require adjudicator consideration.
- Review: Your rules flagged at least one record in this report.
- Escalated: Your rules flagged at least one record in this report for detailed review.
Completed reports that use Assess Premium have the Complete status. Only admins and adjudicators can access record-level assessments in the dashboard.
A report has an overall status of Clear, Eligible, Review, or Escalated based on the searches it includes. Reports with no records have a status of Clear.