Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Launch Mobility integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Launch Mobility, submit a request to contact us.
- Enable Checkr setup
- International Packages
- Domestic Package with International Verifications
- Order Background Checks
- Background Check Resubmission
- Review A Background Check
- Checkr Features
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The following items are required to initiate Launch Mobility / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Creation and configuration of the client organization in the Launch Mobility Platform.
- The client organization must have an active Checkr account and the user must have admin rights within Checkr before proceeding with the activation of the integration on the Launch Mobility side.
- The client organization must work with Launch Mobility to pre-configure the integration with Checkr. This will require setting fixed configurations for Account Hierarchy and Package selection. The integration will remain inactive until the credential authorization process is completed by the client organization. See ‘Enable Checkr Setup’ below.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Launch Mobility.
To create an account for use with Launch Mobility:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Launch Mobility.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Launch Mobility. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Launch Mobility and you to begin ordering background checks through the Launch Mobility platform.
- Once your Checkr account has been created, you should start by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Launch Mobility will direct you from there to the proper support channels.
- Once you’re speaking with a representative at Launch Mobility, Launch Mobility will work with you to send you an authorization link via email. Once you receive this email, as an existing Checkr customer, you must click “Sign-In”.
- By clicking “Sign-In”, you will validate your Checkr access credentials and authorize Launch Mobility to make report requests on your behalf.
- Additionally, you will work with the Launch Mobility Team to pre-configure the integration with Checkr and set fixed configurations for Account Hierarchy and Package Selection.
Account Hierarchy: For more information on Account Hierarchy, nodes, and how to configure your Checkr account, see Checkr's Payment & Billing, Adverse Actions, and Manage Account Settings Help Articles.
Checkr defines international background checks as background checks run on candidate’s living and working outside of the United States. If your candidate works in the United States but has out-of-country history, for example attended school internationally, the customer user should request a package that includes an education verification with out-of-country history enabled.
Checkr currently offers the following international screenings for candidate’s with work locations outside the United States:
- International Criminal
- Adverse Media Search - may be enabled to automatically run if criminal not available
- Identity Document Verification
- Global Watchlist
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
Domestic Package with International Verifications
If your candidate works in the United States but has out-of-country history, Checkr currently offers an out-of-country history setting that can be added to any domestic criminal search or verification. The option can be applied for candidates who will perform their work inside the US, but who have an address history outside the US. Screening types that can be run on domestic screenings with out-of-country history include:
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
Order Background Checks
Once your Launch Mobility and Checkr accounts are connected…
- The background check request is made during the user registration process in the Launch Mobility client application. The package that is served to the user / driver should already be pre-configured for their service.
- This means that a candidate can only complete their registration process in the Launch Mobility client application if they complete the background check process with Checkr with the package previously configured for the service.
- Once Launch Mobility receives the result from Checkr, Launch Mobility will update the status on Launch Mobility’s side and allow or deny the drive to complete the registration process.
Background Check Resubmission
Launch Mobility does not currently support the functionality to re submit a background check in the Launch Mobility platform. We ask that you manage all resubmissions through the Checkr dashboard.
Review A Background Check
The Launch Mobility mobile app provides a screen to validate the pending requirements to complete the registration flow. The candidate can check if there are changes in the status of the requirements by refreshing the screen.
Once Launch Mobility receives report status updates the report is updated on the Launch Mobility side and the user can finish their registration process.
To view the full report, the customer must navigate to the Checkr dashboard.
For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center which covers:
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
The overview includes:
- An overview of the candidate process
- General information about the background check process, including exceptions and disputes
- An overview of the Checkr Candidate Portal
- An introduction to the Candidate Experience team
- A list of some of the most common candidate questions
- Links to the most frequently used pages in the Checkr Help Center
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.