This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Able integration process. The help center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this guide. If you have any questions not covered in the help center, submit a request.
- Create a Checkr account
- Order A Background Check
- Review A Background Check
- Checkr Features
The following items are required to initiate the integration:
- Admin access to Checkr and Able
- Able will provide you with an authentication link to enable the connection. Note: Integration will not be activated until Able is implemented and live.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Able.
To create an account for use with Able:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Able.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Able. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Click Next which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Able and you to begin ordering background checks through the Able platform.
Order A Background Check
- Within your Able dashboard, select Applicants.
- Select the applicant name.
- Select + New Onboarding Request.
- Within the Order Workflow, select the Checkr Screening Package from the drop-down menu.
- Select on Send Workflow.
- The background check status will update to Ordered and is visible in Applicants under Background Screening.
- Once a background check is ordered, applicants (candidates) receive an email from Checkr to provide their information and complete the candidate's background check process.
- The background check status will update once the candidate provides their information. Checkr will also keep you updated via email on the status as it completes. Checkr's help center provides additional information on how to interpret a background check. Some background checks results are available within 24 hours. Most background checks are completed within 3-5 business days, but can take longer depending on the location or depth of the search.
Review A Background Check
Packages/Services will display the individual screenings ordered within a background check package and their statuses:
- Green is clear.
- Gray is pending.
- Red is consider.
To view the report:
- Select View to access a PDF of the full report from within Able.
- Select Take Action to review the report in Checkr.
- Date In is when Able receives the screening results.
- Date Out is when the results were shared.
Additional Checkr account features and useful help center information for getting started: