Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Able integration process. The help center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this guide. If you have any questions not covered in the help center, submit a request.
- Able Permissions
- Enable Checkr Setup
- Create a Checkr Account
- Order A Background Check
- Review A Background Check
- Checkr Features
The following items are required to initiate the integration:
- Admin access in Checkr and Able
An authentication link from Able is needed to enable the Checkr integration.
Enable Checkr Setup
- Request an authentication link from Able.
- If you already have a Checkr account, select Sign In to connect. If you don’t have a Checkr account, create an account to get started.
Create a Checkr Account
To create an account:
- Select Setup a Checkr account.
- Enter your contact/business information.
- Select Continue.
- Enter your business payment information.
- Select Continue.
- Invoices are sent out at the beginning of each month.
- SelectSubmit Account for your account to be authorized.
- Checkr will verify your information and notify you in 1-2 business days via email.
Order A Background Check
- Within your Able dashboard, select Applicants.
- Select the applicant name.
- Select + New Onboarding Request.
- Within the Order Workflow, select the Checkr Screening Package from the drop-down menu.
- Select on Send Workflow.
- The background check status will update to Ordered and is visible in Applicants under Background Screening.
- Once a background check is ordered, applicants (candidates) receive an email from Checkr to provide their information and complete the candidate's background check process.
- The background check status will update once the candidate provides their information. Checkr will also keep you updated via email on the status as it completes. Checkr's help center provides additional information on how to interpret a background check. Some background checks results are available within 24 hours. Most background checks are completed within 3-5 business days, but can take longer depending on the location or depth of the search.
Review A Background Check
Packages/Services will display the individual screenings ordered within a background check package and their statuses:
- Green is clear.
- Gray is pending.
- Red is consider.
To view the report:
- Select View to access a PDF of the full report from within Able.
- Select Take Action to review the report in Checkr.
- Date In is when Able receives the screening results.
- Date Out is when the results were shared.
Additional Checkr account features and useful help center information for getting started: