This article will help you:
- Use programs to manage screening requirements by client, or by job requisition
- Link certain locations (geos) to programs for better segmentation
This article is for the following user roles: admin
What are programs?
Programs let you manage groups of similar candidates. With programs, it’s easy to configure and update the screening packages required for certain clients, sites, or job requisitions. This saves time and makes it simple to know all the screenings being conducted for any client or site.
For example, you may use different screening packages for different job roles in your company. A senior-level member of your finance team might need different screenings from an entry-level member of your operations team.
To learn more about Programs, watch our two-minute Checkr Check-In video:
Set up programs for each role type that would require different screening packages.
Assign specific screening packages to each program:
- A program for delivery driver roles would likely include criminal screenings and a MVR check
- A program for back-office management roles wouldn't include a MVR check but may include education and employment verifications
- If you're a staffing agency, each of your clients may have different requirements for which screenings to run. So you could set up a few packages for different roles at Bob's Burgers, and a few packages for roles at Bluth's Frozen Banana Stand.
Checkr's client support team will help you set up your programs. Once your programs are set up, your requesters can select a certain program, and they'll only see packages for those programs. This reduces errors during the ordering process.
Staffing and business process outsourcing (BPO) firms generally find programs helpful, as they can create a program for each client with whom they work. This lets them easily manage packages by client and set automated adjudication criteria for them.
How do I create a program?
To set up programs or change the packages included in a program, contact email@example.com. Programs need to be built and managed on Checkr's side.
Adding geos to programs
You can modify the geos for a given program yourself. Pairing geos and programs has two benefits:
- More specific segments for candidates:
- You could segment finance positions (program) in your Los Angeles office (geo), which may have different requirements for packages and compliance.
- An on-demand transportation network company (TNC) may create programs for drivers vs. FTEs, then segment those by each location (geo) where it does business.
- A staffing agency may create a segment for positions hired for SampleCo (program) in Atlanta (geo), and a different segment for positions hired for GeneriCorp (program) in Jacksonville (geo).
- A BPO firm could create a segment for each client it supports (program), by call center site (geo)
- Better user management: By combining geos and programs, you have deeper control over user permissions. For example, you may want a recruiter (who may have a requester role in Checkr) only to initiate background checks and manage candidates in a certain role and location.
To set up segments based on programs and geos:
- As an admin, go to Screening Settings > Programs.
NOTE: If you don’t yet have access to programs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enable programs in your account.
- Click Edit to edit a specific Program.
- Now you’ll see the packages included in this specific program.
- Click edit geos.
- Add one or multiple geos to a given program based on where that program’s candidates are located.
What's the difference between Programs and Geos?
Use the chart below to reference the differences between Programs and Geos as business tools.
Reminder: What do Geos do?
- Segments candidates by their work location
- Assigns your Checkr users to see candidates & receive email notifications in a specific Geo
Reminder: What do Programs do?
- Segments candidates by their position type or group (by department, by client, etc.)
- Groups your screening packages so they are easier to manage
|Simplifies the background check process & reduces errors||✓||✓|
|Show up on invoices||✓||✓|
|Can be filtered in analytics||✓||✓|
|Available through the Checkr API||✓||✓|
|Must be set up by Checkr initially||✓
|Limit Checkr users to access only certain candidates||✓|
|Limit Checkr users to receive only certain email notifications||✓|
|Configure Positive Adjudication for each Program||✓|