You may be asked to provide additional information after completing your background check invitation for the following potential reasons:
- Checkr was unable to complete the Social Security number (SSN) trace with the information you submitted. If this occurs, Checkr may ask you to resubmit your SSN, which may include uploading a photo of your SSN card or a letter from the Social Security Administration confirming that the SSN belongs to you.
- Additional information is required to continue your background check.
- The documentation provided in the application was not clear or was filled out incorrectly.
- There may be a need for special or hand-signed consent forms, in which case the forms must be printed, signed by hand, and returned as a scanned attachment.
- Previous employers and education institutions may have specific verification processes that require action from the candidate.