Welcome to Checkr!
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Ceipal, so Ceipal users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Ceipal interface.
This article contains information on the following:
- Enable Checkr setup
- Order background checks
- Monitor background checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
- Frequently asked questions
The Checkr Help Center is an excellent resource for questions that may not be covered in this user guide.
The following items are required to initiate Ceipal / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Checkr, with admin rights
- Access to Ceipal, with admin rights
- While the GoodHire integration does not need to be disabled in Ceipal before the Checkr integration is activated, it’s strongly recommended. Please see this FAQ for further details.
In order to have access to Checkr, with admin rights, GoodHire customers should complete their new Checkr account setup, as outlined in email correspondences and in-app GoodHire banner notifications. Please log in to GoodHire and follow the instructions to “Join Checkr”.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate the Checkr integration, go to your Ceipal home page.
1. From the Ceipal home page, click on the user icon in the top right-hand corner.
2. Within the menu dropdown, click “View Profile.”
3. Within the user profile, select “User Preferences.”
4. Within user preferences, scroll down to the “Checkr BGV” option.
5. While viewing “Checkr BGV,” you can select the blue arrow icon to authorize and enable your connection with Checkr.
6. By selecting the arrow icon, you will be redirected to the Checkr Sign Up / Sign In flow.
7. Once at the Checkr Sign Up / Sign In flow, all GoodHire customers should select Sign In to connect their current Checkr account to Ceipal.
- Before signing in to Checkr within Ceipal, GoodHire customers should ensure that they’ve followed the instructions within GoodHire to access and activate their new Checkr account.
- If you have not done so, please log in to GoodHire and follow the instructions to “Join Checkr.” By following the steps outlined, GoodHire customers can ensure their account information, packages, and pricing have been carried over to Checkr correctly.
- Once verified, you may use your Checkr account details to Sign In to Checkr, as highlighted in the image below.
Order background checks
- From the top menu bar within the Ceipal application, navigate to the Applicants tab.
- The Applicants tab shows all of the applicants and the jobs they have applied for.
- By clicking into an applicant and then section Submission Record, you will be brought to the applicant’s job submission.
- On the submission page, the top menu bar will have an array of options. By Selecting the icon highlighted in the image below, you will be able to select Initiate Background Check.
4. Once selected, you will next select “Initiate Checkr Background Check” from the dropdown.
5. A window will appear titled “Checkr Background Screening.”
6. Within the window, please fill out the applicable candidate information.
7. Once the information is complete, you will select “Initiate” to initiate the background check order for the candidate.
8. If initiated successfully, you will see a window popup with the message “Candidate initiated for background verification through Checkr Background Screening”.
Monitoring background checks
- To review and monitor an applicant’s background check status, you can either navigate to the Applicants Tab or the Job Posting Tab and click on both the applicant and their specific job submission.
- Within an applicant’s submission overview, you can select “Background Checks” from the top menu bar.
- Here the applicant will have a “Background Check Results” section which will reflect the Background Check Requested, Processing Status, Result, Last Updated, and ETA as well as a link to the Checkr dashboard to review the report within Checkr.
4. Please note, “Background Check Results” can show multiple background checks requested for the applicant.
5. Underneath “Background Check Results”, the user will see an “Activities” section, which details the recent activity log for the requested BGC.
For monitoring purposes, Ceipal also offers a Background check status consolidated report where the user can see the statuses of all the orders in a single place and can open the reports of respective orders from the screen below.
Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Ceipal integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.
Frequently asked questions
Can I set up the Checkr integration with Ceipal without disabling my existing GoodHire integration?
While the GoodHire integration does not need to be disabled in Ceipal before the Checkr integration is activated, it’s strongly recommended. We recommend disabling the GoodHire integration and moving all background check ordering to Checkr once your account is activated. By ordering background checks within Checkr, you will avoid reports being updated in GoodHire once your GoodHire access has been restricted to read-only.