Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / JobDiva integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to JobDiva, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to JobDiva
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate JobDiva / Checkr integration:
- Admin access to Checkr and JobDiva
Add Checkr to JobDiva
To initiate the Checkr integration from within JobDiva, navigate to JobDiva’s Team Profile page.
- From the client settings page, the client’s admin can click on the “Manage Background Check Settings” link.
- Select “Checkr”.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Jobdiva.
- To create an account for use with Jobdiva:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Jobdiva.
If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Jobdiva. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Jobdiva and you to begin ordering background checks through the Jobdiva platform.
Order Background Checks
Once your JobDiva and Checkr accounts are connected, return to JobDiva’s candidate profile page.
- On JobDiva’s candidate profile page, there is a “Checkr” tab that hosts the Checkr application for a new background check invitation.
- Note: Only users with the ‘Allow to request background check’ user permission will be able to see this tab.
- In the window that opens, select the options for the check and click Submit. The options selected should be as they relate to the candidate.
- Once Submit is selected, an invitation email will be sent to the candidate prompting them to begin the background check.
Monitoring Background Checks
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the JobDiva candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the JobDiva integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.